Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Daily Truth

So this morning I got a call for an acting audition. To my dismay I had to decline the opportunity because of my financial situation. Money is so tight right now I can’t even afford a Metro card and instead have to stay home doing absolutely nothing. But the missed opportunity is besides the point here. It’s what I did after that made me realize something.

The night before I was looking over some Shakespearean monologues just for the hell of it and I saved them on my computer. Never in my life had I understood what his characters were saying like last night. Anyway, this morning I stayed in my bed with my eyes open and I could feel the frustration slowly taking over me. I thought to myself, “If I had to perform those monologues, especially the ones where I had to demonstrate anger of any sort, I could use what I am feeling now to nail it!”

And it hit me at that moment: I was made to be an actor. I was given the gift of being able to store emotion and use it for spoken word.

No comments:

Post a Comment