Monday, July 5, 2010

I Don't Want to Give Birth to a Barbarian

Anyone who knows me knows I can be like a Mother Hen, but when it comes down to it: I think I am terrified of having children and there are a number of reasons to this, but the main one being…



I AM TERRIFIED OF BEING STUCK WITH A CHILD THAT ACTS LIKE A BARBARIAN


Allow me to explain this because there might be a parent reading this and cursing me out right about now and if not then that’s great. Less stress for me.
Alright, let me break it down for you:

1) Although I have two older sisters, I was raised as an only child
2) I had to grow up super fast, so there was no time to act, well crazy or bad
3) I HATE screaming, whether it be from an adult, teenager, or child.

So with those three things in mind, it’s only natural that I don’t want a barbarian child. Now barbarian probably sounds like a harsh word, but let’s take a look at the definition of barbarian. According to dictionary.com (gosh I feel like I am writing a research paper) barbarian is defined as an uncivilized or crude person. And crude means not mature or lacking refinement.

Now I know children are young and whatnot, but for me, once they hit a certain age they need to stop with that crying for everything crap. I don’t mind babies, but it is once children start becoming toddlers that I begin to cringe. And let’s not even get me started about elementary school years because by the time you are 8 or 10, for me, you need to get some maturity.

When I am on the bus or train, but especially the bus and I hear toddlers screaming and whining, I want to jump out of the window. The nightmare kicks in: having to deal with THAT on a daily basis. Yes, children are blessings and bring joy, BUT that joy comes at a price.

So, with all this being said, I conclude by telling you, the reader, that I NEVER EVER want to bare a Barbarian Child!

No comments:

Post a Comment